1. About God …God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He eternally exists in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.
Genesis 1:1, 26 & 27; Deuteronomy 6:4; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; John 14:1-14; II Corinthians 13:14; I Peter 1:2; I John 5:7
2. About the Father…The Father is all powerful, all knowing, all loving, and all wise. He reigns with providential care over the universe and the flow of human history goes according to His purposes and plan. God is Father to those who become children of God through faith in Jesus Christ.
Genesis 1:1, 2:7; Exodus 3:14; Matthew 23:9; Mark 1:9-11; Ephesians 4:6; Colossians 1:15; I Timothy 1:17
3. About Jesus Christ…Jesus Christ exists eternally as God the Son. He took on humanity being conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death for sin, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal future return to earth.
Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-38; John 1:1; 20:30, 31; Romans 5:6-8; 6:9 & 10; 9:5; II Corinthians5:21; Ephesians 1:4; I Peter 2:21-23; Acts 1:11; Hebrews 7:25; Hebrews 9:28
4. About The Holy Spirit…The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, fully divine. We believe He convicts men of sin, regenerates, baptizes, indwells, seals, and sets apart believers unto a holy life. He keeps and empowers believers day by day. He is the Teacher of the Word of God and the Guide for daily living.
John 14:16,17,26; 15:26,27; 16:13,14; Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 3:16; 6:19; Galatians 5:22-26
5. About The Bible…We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The Bible is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
Mark 13:31; John 8:31, 32; John 20:31; Acts 20:32; II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20, 21; Psalm 119:105
6. About Human Beings…We believe that man was created by God in His own image; that he sinned and thereby incurred physical, spiritual and eternal death, which is separation from God. As a consequence, all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are sinners by nature and by choice and therefore under condemnation.
Genesis 1:26; 3:1-24; 5:2; Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 3:23; 5:19; James 1:14; Revelation 20:15
7. About Salvation…Salvation is being born into the family of God and receiving eternal life. God, in His grace, lovingly and freely extends salvation to everyone who believes in the sacrificial death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We believe that those who repent and trust Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and become new creatures, delivered from condemnation. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works.
John1:13;3:16;5:24;8:12; I John 1:9; Romans 5:19; 8:1;II Corinthians 5:17
8. About Eternal Security…Because God gave us eternal life through Jesus Christ, the true believer is secure in that salvation for eternity. Salvation cannot be lost; it is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian.
John 10:29; II Timothy 1:12; Hebrews7:25,10:10,14; I Peter 1:3-5